University of the Ozarks has been a proud and contributing member of the Johnson County community since 1891. We value our role as an educator, employer and leader and desire to facilitate open communication and cooperation with all. We treasure our relationships and engagements with friends, neighbors, and visitors and are committed to partnering with community members to develop programs and initiatives, resolve issues, champion progress and build successful relationships. At the same time, we encourage U of O students, faculty and staff to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Clarksville area.
Some of the things we do in the community:
- Build and maintain relations with our neighbors
- Collaborate with the local Chamber of Commerce on community programs and events, including First Friday, a music and food festival held in downtown Clarksville on the First Friday of each month during the academic year
- Make University resources available to the community
- Connect U of O with specific community needs
- Present events, lectures, art exhibits, performances and workshops that are open to the community
We invite you to take full advantage of everything we have to offer. We hope you’ll find a way that you can be involved in the life of this University.
We also invite you to contact us if you know of opportunities for us to be more involved in the community.