We believe Ozarks is a unique institution and a wonderful place to study for international students. With 22% of our student body coming from nearly every corner of the world, we are proud to be one of the most culturally diverse universities in Arkansas.
Making the decision to study away from home, leaving your comfort zone to explore new horizons, and immersing yourself in a different culture is one of the best decisions you will ever make. University of the Ozarks welcomes students from all over the globe for a unique undergraduate experience.
Ozarks is consistently ranked as one of the top colleges in the region. We host students from more than 20+ countries from around the world seeking an education that is fully accredited with global significance. As Arkansas’ oldest University, Ozarks has been at the center of the state’s cultural and intellectual development for well over a century.
A campus with an impressive location at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, over 40 clubs and student organizations, an innovative academic learning environment, and a globally diverse student body awaits you.
International applicants must:
- Complete the international admission application
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, principal/headmaster, or teacher
- Complete a written statement of purpose
- Submit standardized test scores or test-optional policy
- Proof of English language proficiency*
You can send all the documents first by email (scanned PDF).
Once we’ve received all documents, we will review your application for an admission decision.
Please use a courier service to send your official transcripts to:
University of the Ozarks
Office of Admission
415 N. College Ave
Clarksville, AR 72830
*The English proficiency requirement is waived if the student is from one of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Island, Cyprus, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Islas Malvinas (Falkland Islands), Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Island, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Accepted Student Process
1. INSTITUTIONAL FINANCIAL NEED APPLICATION.
International applicants are required to complete the Institutional Financial Need Application in order to receive a financial aid award. This information will help us determine need-based grants in addition to your merit award. Return the Institutional Financial Need Application to email@example.com.
2. Pay your deposit.
Once you have chosen to attend University of the Ozarks, you will submit your $200 enrollment deposit to secure your spot on campus. Your nonrefundable enrollment deposit is the first step in the housing and registration process.
3. Form I-20
International applicants require a Form I-20 and F-1 Student Visa to enter and study in the United States. The following steps must be completed in order to receive your Form I-20.
- Provide a color copy of your passport.
- Submit the completed and signed Certificate of Finances Form.
- Send supporting financial documentation. All students are required to demonstrate the financial ability to pay for at least one year of academic and living expenses before being issued an immigration document by University of the Ozarks. All supporting documents must be in English or accompanied by a notarized English translation showing available liquid funds. The financial documents cannot be older than six months at the time of submission to University of the Ozarks in order to be considered valid. These financial documents include, but are not limited to, bank statements and letters, government or organization scholarships and financial guarantee letters.
4. Student Visa
- Immediately review your Form I20 once you receive it. Check your name, date of birth, and all other personal information for accuracy. If there are any errors, please let us know immediately.
- Pay the $350 SEVIS fee.
- Apply for your F-1 Student Visa.
- Please note: Citizens from Canada and Bermuda can enter the United States with a Form I-20 and do not need to apply for a student visa.
- Make an appointment at the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Attend your appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Be sure you take the following items to your appointment:
- Signed Form I-20
- University of the Ozarks acceptance letter
- Valid passport
- Receipt confirming SEVIS fee payment
- Supporting financial documents
5. Arrival in the U.S.
Once you have been issued your F-1 Student Visa, you are ready to come to the United States to study. Please be sure to carry all of the listed documents with you on your flight to the U.S., including your Form I-20.
Keep in mind that the U.S. Department of State declares that students on F-1 visas are not allowed to enter the U.S. earlier than 30 days before the start date of their program, listed on your I-20.
We’ve teamed up with TransferMate to provide international students a transparent payment method to reduce additional bank fees and improve your payment experience. TransferMate helps international students pay tuition and fees in their local currency from any country.
What are the benefits?
- Faster payment processed within 24 to 48 hours
- Allows you to pay in your local currency to a local bank account
- Great exchange rates and zero banking charges
- 24-hour customer service from TransferMate
- 24-hour online tracking of payments
How do I make a payment with TransferMate?
- Click on the TransferMate payment link.
- Choose the country you’re paying from and your preferred payment method.
- Register your one-time set up account by providing your details.
- Make your payment with the provided instructions.
- Track your payment throughout the process.