University of the Ozarks officials have announced a revised Spring 2021 Semester calendar in which classes will begin on Tuesday, Jan. 26, and there will be no spring break.
The revised schedule extends the Christmas break one week by pushing the start of classes back a week.
There will be no spring break during the semester, but the University will observe Good Friday on April 2, making for a three-day Easter break for students, faculty and staff. The final day of classes will remain May 5 and finals are scheduled for May 7-12.
According to the new schedule, residential housing will open on Sunday, Jan 24, for students to move in for the spring semester.
“Our objective continues to be the well-being and safety of our students, faculty and staff while also maintaining our standard of excellence in all forms of academic instruction and activities,” said University President Richard Dunsworth. “As we looked at the spring calendar, it made sense to continue to do what we’ve done this fall and that’s keeping students on campus as much as possible throughout the semester to mitigate the risks involved with the Covid-19 pandemic.”
The spring commencement ceremony is still scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 15, in a traditional in-person format. However, University officials said that could change depending on the status of the pandemic in the spring.
Important Dates Spring 2021 Semester
- Jan. 18: Martin Luther King Holiday (offices open)
- Jan. 24: Spring housing opens for move-in
- Jan. 26: Classes begin
- Feb. 1: Last day to register
- Feb. 8: Last Day to Drop a class without a “W”
- March 19; Mid-Term (grades due)
- April 2: Good Friday Holiday (offices closed, no classes)
- April 6: Last day to withdraw from a class
- April 5-20: Student Self-Serve Registration
- Man 3-7: New Student Registration
- May 5: Last day of classes
- May 6: Study Day
- May 7-12: Final exams (spring housing closes on last exam day)
- May 14: Baccalaureate
- May 15: Commencement