Memphis, Tenn.- The men?s and women?s cross country team joined a number of NCAA II and NCAA I schools from across the region to compete in the Brooks Memphis Twilight Saturday.
The men finished 15th out of 22 teams in the 4-mile run. Tristan Cooper was Ozarks top finisher, running a 21:57 for 61st place overall. Cooper was the first NCAA III runner to cross the finish line. There were 200 runners in the men’s competition.
In the women’s race, Ozarks finished 24th out of 25 teams in the 5K. Senior Ashley Teague was Ozarks top runner, finishing 161st with a time of 23:26. The were 206 competitors in the women’s race.
“This was a race where we had the opportunity to compete against several larger schools,” said head coach Brian Hull. “I was very pleased with the way both the women and the men ran as a pack. Our top four runners were only separated by a minute. Our upperclassmen are doing what they need to do. They all ran very well at this stage of the season. Jeremy Provence had a great race. Tristan Cooper was the top finisher for NCAA D-III runners on the men’s side.”
To view footage of the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M03IMKOUD0
Ozarks Individual Results - Men
1. Tristan Cooper - 21:57.46 (61st)
2. Jeremy Provence - 22:18.27 (78th)
3. Matthew Friant - 22:49.63 (94th)
4. David James - 22:53.34 (97th)
5. Trent Ueunten - 24:33.26 (159th)
6. Max Hilgendorf - 25:37.79 (177th)
7. Robert Elder - 27:24.02 (186th)
8. Zach Doty - 27:57.44 (191st)
Ozarks Individual Results - Women
1. Ashley Teague - 23:26.98 (161st)
2. Samantha Sparks - 23:56.61 (171st)
3. Tadera Garland - 24:10.21 (173rd)
4. Brooxie Dossey - 24:21.63 (178th)
5. Kara Willbanks - 27:30.21 (200th)
6. Lindsey Kellaway - 28:42.70 (205th)