Federal work study is offered to students to help cover the cost of education. This is a federally funded program.
The pool of federally eligible students will be considered first for all student jobs on campus.
Freshmen are limited to 10 hours per week. Sophomore and higher may only work up to but no more than 20 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters – depending on their AWARD.
If a student works more than 20 hours in a week, they may lose their eligibility.
Applying for Work Study
- The work study process is now on Handshake.
- Activate your Handshake account using your Ozarks credentials.
- Navigate to the ‘Jobs’ tab.
- Filter by ‘On-Campus’ employment
- Begin applying!
On-campus jobs now require a resume. You can download a template from the resources tab in Handshake or visit Career Services every Thursday from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
Once you’ve been hired
- When a student is placed in a work study position, the supervisor and the student will be required to complete employment forms. Please be sure to have with you on campus some of the following forms of identification.
- Valid identification-Examples: Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, School ID, U.S. Citizen ID card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.
- Documents must be turned in within 3 days of employment.
After applying, students may follow up with the departments in which they applied or Career Services.
Supervisors use Handshake to update job postings as needed.