All new students to University of the Ozarks are required to live on-campus for their first two (2) academic years.
New students are required to live on-campus for this period of time because the University of the Ozarks is committed to the educational development of its students both in the classroom and in the residential facilities. Studies show that students who live on campus earn better grades are more involved in student organizations, and graduate at higher rates than students who live off-campus.
You are not required to live on-campus during your first two (2) academic years at University of the Ozarks if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are at least 21 years old on the first day of the term.
- You are legally married (certified copy of marriage license required).
- You are currently serving on active duty in the military.
- You live and/or travel to class from a principal residence residing with a parent(s) or legal guardian(s) which is located within a thirty-(30) mile driving distance of the University of the Ozarks Campus. NOTE: Commuter exemptions are NOT granted to reside with any other relative.
- You are a student at least two years removed from high school graduation.
If you meet any of the criteria listed above and are interested in requesting a Residency Exemption, please complete Housing Exemption Form (hyperlink) located on EagleNet. This form should be completed by the student and include any supporting documentation necessary. This form will be reviewed by the Office of Student Affairs located in the lower level of the Seay Student Center. Decisions will be communicated directly to the student via their University email account in a timely manner.
Housing exemption requests must be submitted by the following dates to be considered for the subsequent semester:
For Fall Semester: June 1
For Spring Semester: December 1