Who Are We
The Officers of The Department of Public Safety comes from all walks of life and wield diverse experiences in federal and local law enforcement and military service. We are committed to serving the Ozarks Community, and we encourage honesty and hospitality in all we come in contact with.
What We Do
The Department of Public Safety has been tasked with ensuring the safety of our students, our staff, and our visitors. Whether you are here for three decades, four years or five minutes, we want you to enjoy your Ozarks experience without worry or fear. In order to achieve this goal, our office is staffed year round, and we have established a close relationship with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department, and the Clarksville Police Department. The Department of Public Safety is a commissioned and certified law enforcement agency.
Together, we can make this a great place for the growth and development of our students, staff, and all our friends and neighbors.
Call us – 479.979.2020
In the case of a campus emergency, we utilize the Everbridge app that is designed to keep students, faculty and staff informed. This app allows University officials to quickly contact registered recipients to communicate important information during any potential emergency, such as severe weather, fire or other crisis event.
CAMPUS SECURITY AUTHORITIES & RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEES
While anyone can report incidents there are two legally defined roles that are required to make notifications. These are Campus Security Authorities (CSA’s) and Responsible Employees.
CSA’s are individuals with significant responsibility for campus and student activities, such as campus police/security, resident assistants, coaches, and club advisors.
A responsible employee is any employee who has the authority to take action to redress sexual violence, who has been given the duty to report to appropriate school officials about incidents of sexual violence or any other misconduct by students, or who a student could reasonably believe has this authority or responsibility.
Campus Crime Statistics
Under the federal law entitled The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (20 USC $ 1092(f)), statistics regarding certain crimes reported to campus authorities must be published for the past three calendar years.
The following statistics are reported for University of the Ozarks: 2017 Clery Report
U.S. Department of State Travel Alerts
- Bahrain – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- United Arab Emirates – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Qatar – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Kuwait – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Oman – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Saudi Arabia – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
- Iraq – Level 4: Do Not Travel
- Zimbabwe – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
- Ethiopia – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
- Benin – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Bolivia – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Anguilla – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- British Virgin Islands – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Dominica – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions