Who Are We
The Officers of The Department of Public Safety comes from all walks of life and wield diverse experiences in federal and local law enforcement and military service. We are committed to serving the Ozarks Community, and we encourage honesty and hospitality in all we come in contact with.
What We Do
The Department of Public Safety has been tasked with ensuring the safety of our students, our staff, and our visitors. Whether you are here for three decades, four years or five minutes, we want you to enjoy your Ozarks experience without worry or fear. In order to achieve this goal, our office is staffed year round, and we have established a close relationship with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department, and the Clarksville Police Department. The Department of Public Safety is a commissioned and certified law enforcement agency.
Together, we can make this a great place for the growth and development of our students, staff, and all our friends and neighbors.
Call us – 479.979.2020
In the case of a campus emergency, we utilize the 911 shield app that is designed to keep students, faculty and staff informed. This app allows University officials to quickly contact registered recipients to communicate important information during any potential emergency, such as severe weather, fire or other crisis event.
Download the app now – iTunes or Google Play
Campus Crime Statistics
Under the federal law entitled The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (20 USC $ 1092(f)), statistics regarding certain crimes reported to campus authorities must be published for the past three calendar years.
The following statistics are reported for University of the Ozarks: 2017 Clery Report
U.S. Department of State Travel Alerts
- Bulgaria – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Burkina Faso – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
- Niger – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
- Iran – Level 4: Do Not Travel
- Ukraine – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
- Central African Republic – Level 4: Do Not Travel
- Netherlands – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
- Iraq – Level 4: Do Not Travel
- Finland – Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
- Honduras – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
WHAT OUR STUDENTS DO
University of the Ozarks Theatre will open its 2018-19 season with several performances of the … Continue Reading