Clarksville, Ark.-The men's tennis team posted its first ten-win season in a decade after netting a convincing 9-0 win against Louisiana College Friday afternoon in American Southwest Conference play.
The Eagles (10-5, 3-3 ASC) finished the season in fourth place among ASC East Division opponents, just one spot away from qualifying for the playoffs. The 2012 season also marked the highest number of conference wins for the Eagles under Head Coach Shaun Wiseman. Expectations will remain high for Ozarks as it returns its top six singles players next season.
Ozarks had little trouble with Louisiana College (10-5, 3-3 ASC) Friday as it dominated each singles and doubles match.
1. Todd Turner (UO) def. Daniel Bembenick (LCM) 6-2, 6-3
2. Bishop Bass (UO) def. Nathan Boles (LCM) 6-0, 6-0
3. Corey Dillard (UO) def. Conner Harlow (LCM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Michael Skimbo (UO) def. James Clayton (LCM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Scott Eibes (UO) def. Edwin Morales (LCM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Gregg Knaggs (UO) def. Nick Luneau (LCM) 6-1, 6-1
1. Todd Turner/Bishop Bass (UO) def. Nathan Boles/Daniel Bembenick (LCM) 8-0
2. Tom Lowe/Bill Blake (UO) def. Conner Harlow/James Clayton (LCM) 8-1
3. Scott Eibes/Matt Arant (UO) def. Cody LeFleur/Nick Luneau (LCM) 8-2