The Department of Education has processed all FAFSA submissions.
Ozarks is actively releasing new student financial aid offers.
Read More

Eagles’ Second Half Rally Results In Tie

October 15, 2009
By cnp
Posted in Athletics

Clarksville, Ark.-The Eagles scored three goals with less than twenty-five minutes left in the match to overcome a 3-0 halftime deficit and end the battle with a 3-3 tie against Texas Lutheran University in American Southwest Conference play Thursday afternoon.

The Bulldogs (2-8-2, 2-4-2) jumped all over Ozarks (8-4-1, 4-3-1) and owned the first half thanks to goals in the 9th, 16th and 37th minutes. Texas Lutheran held a 5-4 shots advantage after one half of play. Ozarks appeared to be on the verge of getting upset at home, but the Eagles gathered themselves and displayed a solid second half effort to push the match into overtime.

The Eagles would eventually put together a flurry of shots in the second half to put pressure on the Bulldogs. Scott Janders nearly got Ozarks on the scoreboard in the 63rd minute when he had a one-on-one opportunity with Bulldog goalkeeper Trey Tesno. However, Tesno came up with the save to keep the Eagles scoreless. Less than two minutes later, Dylan Evans sent a header just over the crossbar. Another header by Philip Johnson in the box was stopped again by Tesno. Ozarks’ attack continued and the Bulldog defense finally broke when Evans wouldn’t be denied in the 68th minute. Evans rebounded a Travis Murnan shot and easily scored to re-energize the Eagles. From there, Ozarks continued to mount momentum, with Tanner Holman scoring in the 80th minute after an Evans’ shot hit off the post. Behind 3-2, Ozarks refused to go down easily and tied it at 3-3 in the 86th minute. Johnson scored on a header in traffic after Shaun Renfro found him in the box on a free kick. Neither team converted their shots in the overtime periods despite Ozarks owning a 4-1 shots advantage in that span.

Texas Lutheran did have the last shot in the second overtime, this one coming right in front of the goal as time expired, but goalkeeper Neil Thompson made a sliding save to end the game.

The Eagles ferocious comeback was fueled by a 13-6 second half shots advantage.

Evans led the team with five shots, including three on goal.

Ozarks will host Schreiner University October 17 in their next match.