Staying natural in the Natural State
Ozarks Outdoors is committed to providing opportunities for outdoor adventure to University of the Ozarks students of all backgrounds, skill levels, and interests. We plan and coordinate day trips and overnight campouts throughout each semester, and help give you the tools needed to plan your own trips! Come see us and explore our gear and equipment cache, FREE for all Ozarks students to check out at any time. Whatever you’re into, we’re into.
What do we offer?
- Day trips and overnight excursions throughout Northwest Arkansas and beyond. Rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, floating the river, and more!
- Outdoors Spring 2018 Events
- Sign up for an excursion
- Full scale bicycle repair shop. Open for your personal use, or to drop your bike off for our staff to make repairs on.
- Extensive gear cache to borrow from FOR FREE including kayaks, canoes, standup paddleboards, bicycles, camping equipment, climbing equipment, field guides, and fishing tackle and rods. Located on the bottom floor of the SEAY Student Center.
- Experiential and outdoor learning opportunities for students to grow as individuals and as outdoor leaders.
At Ozarks Outdoors, we believe that outdoor recreation should be open to all, regardless of socioeconomic background, experience level, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. We are allies in promoting the use of public lands for all people in a safe, respectful and supportive way.
Get in touch
Winter Break 2015 & 2016
Skiing/Snowboarding in Winter Park, Colorado
Fall Break 2016
Mammoth Cave National Park – Kentucky
Labor Day weekend
Buffalo River float and rock climbing at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch
Spring Break 2017
Garden of the Gods – Illinois
WHAT OUR STUDENTS DO
Ozarks Outdoors and Ozark Safety and Rescue Educators are teaming up to offer a week-long camp on Leadership, Safety & Rescue for high school age students.
The 2nd Annual Arkansas Adventure Programming Conference was held from Friday, April 5 to Sunday April 7 at the beautiful Horseshoe Canyon Ranch (HCR) near Jasper, AR.