We believe Ozarks is a unique institution and a wonderful place to study for international students. With more than 15% of our student body coming from nearly every corner of the world, we are proud to be one of the most culturally diverse universities in Arkansas.
Making the decision to study away from home, leaving your comfort zone to explore new horizons, and immersing yourself in a different culture is one of the best decision you will ever make. University of the Ozarks welcomes students from all over the globe for a unique undergraduate experience.
Ozarks is consistently ranked as one of the top colleges in the region. We host students from more than 20+ countries from around the world seeking an education that is fully accredited with global significance. As Arkansas’s oldest University, Ozarks has been at the center of the state’s cultural and intellectual development for well over a century.
A campus with an impressive location at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, over 40 clubs and student organizations, an innovative academic learning environment, and a globally diverse student body awaits you.
International Explorers Welcome!
The perfect place for your U.S. experience.
- International applicants must complete the international admission application at: edu/apply
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, principal/headmaster, or teacher
- Complete a written statement of purpose
- Submit standardize test scores or test optional policy
- Proof of English language proficiency
- You can send all the documents first by email (scanned PDF).
Once we’ve received all documents, we will review your application for an admission decision.
- Please use a courier service to send your official transcripts to:
University of the Ozarks
Office of Admission
415 N. College Ave
Clarksville, AR 72830
The English proficiency requirement is waived if the student is from one of the follow countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Island, Cyprus, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Islas Malvinas (Falkland Islands), Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Island, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Provide a color copy of your passport.
- Submit the completed and signed Certificate of Finances Form.
- Send supporting financial documentation. All students are required to demonstrate the financial ability to pay for at least one year of academic and living expenses before being issued an immigration document by University of the Ozarks. All supporting documents must be in English or accompanied by a notarized English translation showing available liquid funds. The financial documents cannot be older than six months at the time of submission to University of the Ozarks in order to be considered valid. These financial documents include, but are not limited to, bank statements and letters, government or organization scholarships and financial guarantee letters.
- Pay the $200 SEVIS fee. (FMJfee.com)
- Apply for your F-1 Student Visa. (http://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)
- Please note: Citizens from Canada and Bermuda can enter the United States with a Form I20 and do not need to apply for a student visa.
- Make an appointment at the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Attend your appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Be sure you take the following items to your appointment:
- Signed Form I20
- University of the Ozarks acceptance letter
- Valid passport
- Receipt confirming SEVIS fee payment
- Supporting financial documents
- University of the Ozarks Heath History and Immunizations Forms
“Ozarks is the best place for an international student. You will find a welcoming environment and people will always go the extra mile to make your experience unique and to help you be successful.” –Daniel, El Salvador
HOW CAN WE HELP?
University of the Ozarks admission team is dedicated to guiding you through every step of the admission process.
Our counselors can answer your questions, provide you with information about visiting campus, and help you navigate the financial aid process.
If you have any questions about becoming a student at Ozarks, don’t hesitate to contact us.
University of the Ozarks
Office of Admission
Phone Number: +1.479.979.1227
WHAT OUR STUDENTS DO
International students at University of the Ozarks now have another opportunity for graduate study, thanks to a new academic collaboration with Arkansas Tech University.
"Is ? mo bhaile Ozarks" is Irish Gaelic for "Ozarks is my home." One student here who appreciates that sentiment in her own language is S?anan Heaney, a sophomore marketing and political science major from Derry in Northern Island.
When Chuong Do, a junior political science major from Vietnam, went to Washington D.C. over the summer, he didn't know what he was in for. "It was awesome," says Do. "I have visited only a few major American cities – Las Vegas and New York. Washington is very different, to say the least. And there was nothing comparable in my background. Washington is a vibrant place. The students I met were very serious people who have clear ambitions and are moving toward accomplishing them."